As the cool wind passes through the air, brushing the leaves like hair,
I sit here blinking at this blank screen, my eyes gazing out at the backyard green.
Some days I cleanse myself in an essential oil bath.
Some days I burn candles and keep near them.
Some days I chant to clear the stuff inside me.
Some days I brush my energy field towards salt.
Of the four popular elements in Western metaphysics (earth, air, water, fire),
air is the one that I can fully immerse and feel getting to the core of my bones
in its wholesome natural forceful way...
for I have never stepped into fire,
nor have I stepped into the ocean,
nor have I stepped into the earth.
Air is the only element I can fully step into and feel myself through.
When I feel stress, I breathe air in.
When I feel stress, I let it blow through me as if I were a clear channel.
When I feel stress, I let the wind carry it off and away to be transmuted.
When I feel stress, I also chant to clear my whole body with my voice, with my vibration, with my breath.
Wind. Rewind. Wind. Unwind.
I am minding my understanding.