I remember the days when the internet connection was slow. I would click the button, get bored watching the hourglass on the screen, get up and start walking around or cooking. Yes, cooking.
Nowadays, the connection is quicker. In fact, I have a different problem. It is called addiction. Yes, addiction. My eyes stay glued to the screen. When I glance off the screen, I feel the eye strain then. That is the value of a timer. Every 15 minutes, just taking a moment to look away and focus on a more distant object.
So how do I put this into practice?
Thanks to free online meditation timers, we have several sites to use if you are in front of any computer for any extended length of time:
Streaming Silence (10/15 minutes)
Online 15-60 minute download timers
Online Adjustable Timers (+/-5 minutes)
Usually, when I hear the bell, I take a moment, close my eyes, and breathe in deeply and also exhale deeply. Then, I open my eyes to refocus my attention on a more distant object for another couple breaths. On the last full breath, I notice the volume of my body, wiggle here and there and get back to work. :-)
So this is how I keep up with the speed of the internet! Have fun! :-)