Saturday, March 14, 2009

2 Years and Counting

Have you seen people who seem to grow younger every year? They feel lighter. They feel happier. In fact, they even appear brighter in skin tone and wisdom. You know the people I am talking about?

Well, I have met quite a few of these folks. I was curious. So I asked: "What's your secret?" Here is what they told me:

1. Laugh. Laugh a lot. Have fun. Enjoy life. Life is for us to enjoy.
2. Breathe. Breathe deeply. Breathe fully. Breath is the cycle of life. Breathe!
3. Friends. A few meaningful friends and a lot of cheerful company.

Then they start telling me the list of taking care of themselves. Each one has a different way of doing so. Some go take a walk in the park. Some take pictures. Some delight in mineral baths and more. Diet, exercise, etc. You know the rest. In fact, they also mentioned plenty of rest -- gives new meaning to the term "beauty rest," eh?

After the second of three Friday the Thirteenths this year, I finally feel it is time to start this blog up again. Let's have a toast! (No, not a burnt one, either -- that's for the compost!) :-)